YAY! We LOVE watching the Olympics at our house! And to celebrate the opening of the 2012 games- we hosted an Team USA tailgate party!
We set up 'events' around the yard!
- Discus (frisbee)
- Shot put (bocce ball and a hula hoop)
- Hurdles (set up with pool noodles and bamboo stakes)
- Target practice (nerf guns and a target made of pool noodles)
- Soccer weave (pool noodles and bamboo stakes)
- Volleyball (played with a beach ball do it was little kid friendly!)
We had party favors!
- Gold sparklers- with a "Go for the GOLD" label
- red, white and blue gumballs
- pom poms (made from ribbon curls from the $ store and a dowel from the hardware store)
- Team USA window decals- so each of the families could support team USA on their cars!
- Red and blue water bottles- $ store
- pulled pork tacos
- red, white and blue dipped strawberries
- kabobs made from raspberries, angel food cake and blue berries