I was reading a friend's blog and she listed some things she would never skimp on in the grocery store... and that got me to thinking of what things I value soooo much- as to not buy the cheap stuff. So here is my list:
- Dr.Pepper, A&W Rootbeer and Diet Pepsi- any old diet soda just won't do and that mr.pibb is not even close. If you have tasted A&W Rootbeer- then you know there is no other type of rootbeer!
- Meat- my husband is a 'master' griller and the cut and type of meat play a big role in the final outcome -so skimp on the sides and salads - but not on the meat. We love the HyVee meat counter- John knows them on a first name basis! =)
- I agree with the toilet paper... nothing less than Charmin or Quilted Northern. I value my tooshey way too much to buy the cheap stuff!
- Paper towels- now this one took awhile because I am a 'value' shopper and hate spending extra money on name brand stuff when the generic is just as good. But I recently bought the Viola! papertowels and I am in love! I can clean off all three of my kids' messy faces and wipe down the counter before having to throw it away- which makes cleaning up after dinner really quick and nice! Try them- they are awesome!
- ice cream- we rarely buy ice cream at our house- so when we do - I buy the Blue Bunny brand- even though I can buy a 1 gallon tub for the same price. It really just doesn't compare and what's the point of having I gallon of ice cream if it doesn't taste good?
- and finally dish detergent - Cascade all the way! I grew up in a house with out a dishwasher... actually let me rephrase that - we had a dishwasher and we called her mom! So when I moved out for the first time, I was the most excited about having a dishwashing machine! And I have come to realize that you just can't skimp on the dishwashing detergent unless you want to completely pre-wash the dishes before putting them in the machine. Which pretty much negates the whole purpose of even using the darn thing. We are a quick-rinse-and-straight-in-the-dishwasher family. And trust me - I can cram alot of dishes into that little sucker!!!