I LOVE LOVE LOVE pumpkin pie. Seriously! When I was little my great grandma would always make an extra one...and although she never came out and said it- I knew it was just for me.
Its my favorite part of the Thanksgiving meal. The stuffing/dressing is a close second...but that's a new liking in the last few years. There are so many fun ways to mix it up...with apples, or crumbled up cornbread muffins or turkey sausage etc etc etc. But I'm getting off topic...PUMPKIN PIE!
My favorite pumpkin pie is super easy to prepare!
1. Go to your grocer's freezer aisle.
2. Grab a Sara Lee frozen pumpkin pie
3. Take it home and bake per instructions (oh- and pay for it of course! )
4. Let it cool- then refrigerate for a few hours. (it has to be cold - its the best that way!)
5. Cover with a whole carton of whip topping.
6. Dig in...cutting into slices and plating- PURELY optional! :)
I've tried out alot of pumpkin pie recipes- and I come to realize Ms Sara Lee has it perfected! I'm not a big fan of pumpkin pies with using real shredded pumpkin filling...yuck! And some call for too much nutmeg. Sara Lee all the way!
This morning I got this email from my mom...sadly enough, it doesn't deter my love for pumpkin pie. I'm still counting the days until Thanksgiving...so grandma, please please please say your making a pumpkin pie! and maybe make an extra one...for traditions sake! :)