Friday, September 12, 2008

Favorite things- Kitchen Edition

Here are a few of my favorite things from the kitchen area of the house...




Cereal Jars- (I obviously need to refill these)...but they sit out on the counter for easy access and add a little color to the countertops. Plus, I love the square jar shape and tin lids! Fun and practical!







Menu Board- this is an iron chalkboard cafe sign- "A" frame. It nicely fits in the corner of the counter and I don't hear - What's for dinner? 50 times a day! Plus, I just think its super cute! From one of my favorite shops ... Sonata on north 48th! Check it out!








Spice Containers- We found these little gems at a world market in Seattle. They have magnets on the bottom- clear tops and holes on the side for shaking! You can stick them anywhere! Frig, hood of the stove, top of the stove... They are very practical and were super inexpensive!



Antique Cake Stand- I love having this out on the counter...I keep it full of yummy treats for the kids. Brownies, muffins, croissants from this awesome bakery called Sam's Club, donuts (on occasion), rice krispie bars etc





Wilton Armetale Soup tureen- I haven't actually got to use this yet (we just received it for our anniversary...a gift from john's parents) but its exactly what I wanted! Armetale is the coolest material and they make all sorts of serving wear. It retains heat and cold, you can use it on the grill and then serve from it, put your hors d'oeuvres on it- store in frig and it will keep them cold when you pull them out to serve. They have all different types of patterns and its just really neat stuff!


I really wanted a soup tureen because its tradition in both John's family and mine to serve soup on Christmas eve...my family doesn't have many traditions and I really want to keep what little we do have- alive! So this would make it perfect...and we'd be able to serve from the table, pop it in the oven if it got cold...and its soooo pretty!

I'm not sure what the Christmas plans are this year...but I am so bringing the soup!

No comments: