Thursday, September 04, 2008

Favorite things

I have alot of alone time at home these days with the kiddos off at school most of the day. I've been cleaning out closets and moving some things around. While doing so you begin to think- do I really need this? Am I going to want or use this in a year, 5, 10? We want to move next year- so I'm thinning out belongings and trying to figure out what stuff will move with us...

Anyway- while doing these things around the house...I've discovered some of my most favorite things...


my bridal bouquet...John's mom dried and framed it for me. It now hangs in our guest room. Perfect!








Family bulletin board. I quilted some fabric squares together and stapled it across a huge bulletin board and ta da! Instant message center - hangs above our kitchen table...perfect for displaying works of art and important reminders.









Metal door- this door is between our kitchen and table- it leads to the garage. Its metal- which makes it perfect for magnets and photographs! I love how it draws guests over to it- asking questions about the photos and trying to spell new words...icebreaker and brain teaser all in one!








Buffet- found in an abandoned chicken coop...I did my best to save this antique beauty! I tried to strip it completely- but there were too many damaged spots and only a few could be sanded out. So that left - painting it! It was green and off white- now black and beige... who knows what color it will be once we move- but I do know I'll keep it forever!

No comments: