Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Birthday boy


Jeff- is my father in law aka super awesome man! And yes he had a birthday last week...his 65th to be exact. We love Jeff...alot! And to show him how much we love him- our family made a list of 65 reasons why he is the cat's meow, the bee's knees, a stud muffin etc.

Thought I would share the list with all of you...since he comes up occasionally in our life story written out within this blog.

Love you, Jeff! hehehehehehe!

1. Because you let us have a snowball fight on the lake. (The twins)

2. Your fun…really fun! (Pucca)

3. You let me read and talk to you…endlessly. (Pucca)

4. You let us play underneath the dining room table at Davey. (The twins)

5. You go on walks with us in the pasture. (The Girls)

6. You are the best ‘rock’

7. You have a great laugh.

8. You’re a wonderful grandpa

9. You’re a wonderful father

10. You’re an even more wonderful father in law!!!!

11. I remember you taking us to the zoo in Kansas city- it was so much fun! (Kwynn)

12. You always have the best stories to tell- I love hearing about your family and fun tidbits about the boy’s childhood. (Audra)

13. You’re pretty good at grilling…Easter ham! Yummmm

14. You’re a great role model.

15. You are a good customer when playing restaurant. (Pucca)

16. I’m thankful for all the family photos you took. (John)

17. I remember listening to Neil Diamond on road trips. Guess that means you had good taste in music- which I didn’t appreciate until I was older. (John)

18. You can pick people up by their ears! Very cool! (Pucca)

19. You have a big heart- always willing to help us and our family, whether it be with advice or with actions! We really appreciate all that you’ve done for us! (John and Audra)

20. You are always willing to play- like pulling John on the tube at Harlan, playing rock with the boys, pretend cooking with Pucca and talking with the girls.

21. You’re a meat-eater! I didn’t even know red meat extended beyond hamburger before I met you! (Audra)

22. I love being able to joke with you and not wondering if your going to take it personally. (Audra)

23. You taught me the value of hardwork- by having me pick up trash at the warehouse and paying me with a candybar. (John)

24. Impeccable taste in desserts- Boston crème pie and DQ…YUM!

25. People look up to you and respect you. Everyone who knows you has nothing but respect and admiration for you!

26. Your employees respect you- which says a lot for an employer. Many of them miss having you around the office on a daily basis- and have told me so on several occasions. (Audra)

27. You are sentimental- it takes a ‘real’ man to be so. Your love for family is very touching.

28. You taught us to sing Mr. moon. (Pucca)

29. You are very giving- I remember you surprising us with Panasonic All terrain bikes. (John)

30. I remember you buying me a red rider bb gun- it was best. You always knew the right gift to give. (John)

31. Starting my love for Husker football! Its become a borderline obsession- thanks! (Audra)

32. Its fun sitting with you on the deck and eating peanuts. We make a mess with the shells. (Pucca)

33. I remember going to Husker games with you – from as early as I can remember. We would watch the band warm up before the game…those are some of my fondest memories. (John)

34. I always thought you were the best for letting me take my friends to the football games- your were a cool dad. (John)

35. You share your interests with all of us- baseball, trains etc. And it let’s us know more about who you are as a person. And the more we know- the more we love!

36. You are very loving. Like taking Bo to the vet and waiting to have him put down until you knew the family could cope.

37. A dog lover- Max is spoiled with treats, picking her own bones and playing ball in the field. (Kwynn and Kynna)

38. Having a firm hand when necessary- I remember you yelling at John and I – and its what we needed. At the time I couldn’t believe you did that, now I think its one of the defining moments of my adult life. (Audra)

39. I remember you playing in the lake with us- not too many grandpas would do that. That was nice! (the girls)

40. A dreamer- buying that playset at Davey and thinking we could get it put together with out killing each other! (Audra)

41. Always full of fun ideas and thinking of the grandkids…a pumpkin patch, Santa on Christmas, the playset at Davey…

42. Friendly- you are always very kind and gracious… even with Gordie! (Audra)

43. Obviously we love you…so much so that we have to sit by you at every meal! (The Girls)

44. You have a way of making people feel comfortable. I was so nervous meeting you the first time- but you were very sweet and kind- which put me at ease. (Audra)

45. You compliment your wife perfectly- yen and yang…

46. You obviously knew a good thing when you saw it!

47. You always have something fun for us to do- like looking at baby geese or just walking on the beach. (The twins)

48. You help me with my rock collection! Remember that big truckload you got for me- that was the best! (Pucca)

49. Dutiful and honorable- having served our country! Now, was that on a base or a fort? Maybe it was a camp? J

50. Elvis look a like- not too many people can say that! That makes you super special! (Audra)

51. Cheesy popcorn… Enjoying the simple things in life!

52. Patient. Always willing to take time to explain things to us or the kids.

53. Pretty mellow- you take things in stride and are usually pretty easy going. I remember you teaching me how to use the tractor to remove fence posts and I nearly took John’s head off. You stayed surprisingly calm as you asked me to turn the tractor off. (Audra)

54. Hard worker- I remember when we first came to Davey and you jumped right in- clearing the trash piles, killing the thistles, mowing and cutting down trees.

55. A kid at Heart…the fire truck…need I say more!?

56. Traditionalist...you value family traditions and respect them. Which is awesome! Our children are learning to value them as well from watching you.

57. Willing to ask for help when needed- and for a man to do that – WOW! That’s special indeed!

58. Trustworthy…like letting us (me especially!) drive your new XLR! Wowzers! (Audra)

59. A good friend- I think it’s amazing your still in contact with people you went to grade school with!

60. Forgiving- I don’t think john and I could have messed up more than we did- but you were always there for us.

61. Papa bear- you’re the one we look up to and call when we need help, whether it be for work or family.

62. You’ve lived through 23741 sunrises and sunsets!

63. You are irreplaceable…no one could ever compare!

64. And we couldn’t imagine NOT having you in our lives!

65. Oh- and you have pretty sexy legs!




1 comment:

Kindergarten Team said...

This was fun to read! What a great list! :)