Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Valentine's Day with my lovelies

Friday was Valentine's Day!


16 years ago on Valentine's Day, John and I went to dinner and a movie. I was pregnant and finishing up high school; he was going to school and working. After the movie, I told him we should swing by the jewelry store because we were getting married. He put his arm around me as we walked and said "I figured." with a goofy smile. Not romantic and the ideal proposal, but it's our story and I'm owning it.


Fast forward to 2014 and we are blessed with four amazingly wonderful children and tons of other wonderful things that I am truly thankful for. When John's mom got sick, the diagnosis changed me. It changed my perspective on life. What we have, our blessings, kindness and being kind, our legacy, our challenges, our  successes... all of it. And if there is one tiny twinkling bright spot in this horrible disease- it's the hope, love and appreciation that swells up inside. Appreciation for what you have and who you have, love for those that you hold dear in life and the hope for miracles every day you wake.

I think Valentine's Day is another chance to purposefully show those you love your love. Whether it's your dog, siblings, children, husband, wife, parents, grandparents...whomever you love.

Here are some photos of our Valentine's dinner:














I had planned on heart shaped pizzas, but the place I wanted to order them from didn't do them this year. So we just had normal pizza- but that's ok, because I still didn't have to cook!!

We went to DQ for dessert and then took some frozen goodies, flowers and chocolates to some of our other Valentines...John's parents. We had a nice quick visit and then headed home.

Here's what Corynn took for her classroom Valentines:



So so cute- and they were a huge hit! Thank goodness for pinterest! Printable found here.

No comments: