Friday, December 05, 2008

Beginning to look alot like Christmas

Our home is getting in the holiday spirit...almost every room! I strung Christmas lights in the girls' rooms. Pucca has white ones draped around her window in the curtains...its really pretty- almost fairy-pixie-ish (you bet that's a word!)

The twins have bunkbeds- so I stapled some up underneath the top bunk (in the slats supporting the top mattress) and pinned Kwynnie's (top bunk girl) to the ceiling. I really like the bottom bunk, though- drape a sheet over the side and its a super cool hideout!

Still working on my stockings...sewing machine issues...hopefully this weekend!

and here's a few other rooms...



We alternate tree decorations every other year. A kid's tree complete with homemade decorations and vintage ones from John's and my childhood. And on opposite years we do an old fashion Christmas tree with pinecones, popcorn garland and antique metal ornaments...this year is a KID tree!




( this ornament is one of John's - a pic of him when he was like 4 or 5...super sweet!)







Kitchen....actually the only holiday inspired goodies in there are this super awesome plate and a poinsettia...but give it another week and it will be filled with Christmas goodies. I love baking Christmas treats...so much fun!








NO its not messy...there is some organization going on in there! Its actually the staging place for gifts. I do most of my shopping online. So when the fedex/ups santa man drops of my cargo- it goes in here so I can sort and get them wrapped before kids get home from school! I leave all the wrapping stuff out in this room- and then just shut the door to hide the mess...um...I mean "present beautifying tools"!




Only 20 more days until Christmas!!!



No comments: