Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Christmas Memories...Part 3

Christmas Eve Fashion Show!

Following the gift unwrapping (actually it was more like a shark feeding frenzy lasting only about 15 minutes)...we would gather up our loot to better examine each piece. Being the only girl...clothes were pretty much a guarantee! And I mean actual clothes...whole outfits - not the socks and underwear that everyone gets. :)

My mom and grandparents would always 'beg' me to put on a fashion show...but in actuality- I'm pretty sure it was mom's ingenious way of getting me to try on all my new clothes (making sure they fit and what not). Now being a girl in the middle of two brothers...and who more often than not was treated as 'one of the boys'....I LOVED this opportunity bestowed upon me! A chance to be an attention-grabbing fashionista was perfectly OK with me!

Secretly there was another reason I loved these fashion shows... because it urked my brothers to no end when I acted "girl-y"... so it ended up a win-win...win situation!

No comments: