Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Mother's intuition

Once dinner was done, I went and cozied up to the superb fire my husband had roaring in the fireplace. It didn't take long before I started to nod off...and it was only 8 o'clock!! I tried my hardest to stay awake- but for some reason my body was saying - NO WAY, girl! Its beddy-bye time! John noticed me curled up in our super sweet big red chair...he shut off the lights and shut the door so I could rest and enjoy the fire.

Finally around 9:15pm I decided to make a conscious effort and get my lazy bones to bed. The kids were all in bed and the house was quiet- so off to sleep I went. Wow! I thought...this never happens... getting to bed early and not having to put the kids to bed! Saaaaaa-weeeet!

2:30am...creeeeeekkkkkkkkk (our bedroom door creeks). "What?!" I manage out in all my grogginess- eyes still closed, knowing full well there's a child standing right next to me needing me for something.

Kynna was sick and throwing up...she needed help.

Its so good that I went to bed early...because I was up for two hours with the poor thing- cleaning up and comforting her.

So chalk one up for mom super powers!

No comments: