Thursday, September 13, 2007

Quite Scary!

Around noon I was outside on my patio with the little boy and baby I watch. It was beautiful outside! I just loved it...but apparently I wasn't the only one who loved the weather because there was a jumbo flying stingy thing hovering around the raspberry bush. I immediately took the baby inside and went back to grab the boy when I was stung on the arm.

NOW this alone doesn't sound that scary...except I am allergic to bee stings and wasn't 100% sure it WASN'T a bee...so I was freaking out. After everyone was inside, I just sort of sat on the arm of the chair waiting for something to happen. IF it was a bee... I would know almost instantly. One minute passed... then five minutes passed...nothing except the throbbing pain in my arm. Within a half hour I was itching everywhere. I went in to the bathroom to grab some ointment when I noticed in the mirror that I was covered in hives.

Just freakin LOVELY! So I load up the kids and run to Walgreens to see what they can do for me and my situation. They recommended some really awesome otc hive medication and told me to take some ibprofin or tylenol. If the hives don't subside by tomorrow I need to call my dr.

CRAZINESS...if its not one thing its another. I usually never go to the dr...just too darn busy with everyone else. I am last one I take care of. After today I decided that I am going to call my dr tomorrow and get a prescription for my epi-pen. I really should be caring it with me at all times... but have fell out of the habit because I have been so lucky, no stings in 10 years!

And 'what if' I had been stung? At home alone with a one year old and a four month old...my cell phone somewhere in the house...my neighbors all at work...

Anyway- a much needed wake up call.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! You had definitely better be calling your doc. What would happen if the mama of the family was incapacitated? Silly- thing! Hope you are feeling better!

wendysue said...

Scary! Hopefully, those nasty hives are all gone now.