Thursday, July 10, 2008

Super Fabulous 80s movies

Our family went to the city library at the beginning of the summer to get library cards. I figured it would be a good place to spend some time this summer- and keep the kids' brains working right.

I love their family movies!! The girls and I have been doing movie day pretty much once a week. And its always an 80s classic!

So far we've seen:

The Never-ending Story (Falcore- crazy flying dog creature and Atray-u the warrior boy)

Princess Bride (aaaassssssssss yyyyoooooouuuuuu wwwwiiiiissssshhhhhh! and Andre the giant..oh and the Spainerd who says "My name is Anigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to Die....such a great movie!)

National Lampoon's Summer Vacation - the clean/edited version. There are so many things in that movie I never caught on to before! I was kind of glad the girls kept saying 'I don't get it!' when we'd laugh!

The Labyrinth- with David Bowie and his crazy balls...now don't be gross...the metallic ones he would juggle and slide around by waving his hands! Oh and the troll man who's always grumpy and mean.

Goonies - "HHHHEEEEYYYY YYYYOOOOOUUUU GGGGUUUUYYYSSS!" "Slick shoes!?"

We'll probably go tomorrow and pick out another one for this week...hmmmmm... wonder what it will be!

1 comment:

Deb said...

I love the Goonies!!!