Tuesday, July 29, 2008

We're BACK!

John and I got home yesterday (very early in the morning) from our Alaskan cruise! It was in celebration of our 10th anniversary- and it was so stinkin' awesome! I really had alot of fun!


I came home with a total of 1658 pictures- but have edited them down to about 700 and I'm still going through them. I'm not a photo freak- the camera was set on auto- which can snap off like 7 pictures in 1 second. It worked great for the whale watching! Plus I figured - take a bunch just to be sure- you can always delete the ones you don't want!

I'm making a slide show to put on the blog- but its taking a little bit of time. So I thought I would give you the run down first and then post the slide show when its finished.

We left from Seattle- Pikes Place was amazing! The flowers and produce- WOW! If only Lincoln's market could be like that! If only...

We were at sea all day Monday and then ported in Juneau on Tuesday. We went whale watching there- and it was spectacular! I can't even imagine what it would be like to live on the bay (houses all around the edges) ! Just doing your dishes, looking out the window and oh! a whale swims by! It was very cool! We also saw sea lions, otters and bald eagles - not to mention the amazing scenery! John also bought my anniversary present here- its beautiful and I love it!

Wednesday we sailed to Skagway and took a train ride up the mountains into Canada- it was beautiful! So green and lush!

Thursday we sailed through Glacier Bay National Park- and saw went by 6 different glaciers. The perspective in that place is unreal! You really feel small in a big big world!

Friday was Ketchikan- we went to the Lumberjack Show- very entertaining! They were really funny! If you ever go on this type of cruise- definitely go to the show!

Saturday we made it back to Victoria BC- such a beautiful city. And Butchart Gardens- wowzers! The gardens there are overwhelming and stunning! Its like paradise! We got there around dusk- so not many pictures- but I would love to go back. You could easily spend a whole day there!

Sunday was a Seattle city tour that ended at the airport- then traveled home the rest of the day.


It was an amazing trip! I had so much fun! Thanks John- you're the best! and thanks to the parents- couldn't have done it with out you taking care of the girls!

4 comments:

Kindergarten Team said...

Can't wait to see the pictures!

Megan said...

Sounds fun! I've taken that Skagway train ride before...
The reunion was fun for me - I hope others thought it was fun too. It was just good (and a little wierd) to see everyone.
By the way, I went to church Sunday morning and was sitting right behind these 3 cute girls. The little one turned around and I wanted to say "hey Pucca!" but I figured that would freak them out. Anyways, I thought it was pretty great to see your girls in real life.

wendysue said...

How fun and congrats on your 10 year anniversary!!! Now I'm scrolling up to see the fab pictures!!

canihavethisdance said...

What an amazing trip!!! Contratulations on your 10th anniversay!