Saturday, July 12, 2008

Twins Bday Party!

McKynna and Kwynn are turning 10 on Tuesday! Holy cow... do I feel old!!

They had a slumber party this weekend to celebrate. A few of their close friends were on vacation - so they were a little bummed everyone couldn't make it. Myself, on the other hand, was a little relieved to only have 6 girls to look after!(the girls...all three... and three friends)

The girls came over around 5pm and we headed to Branched Oak to go swimming.



Here's Kynna and her friend Avery.








They also played in the sand...not sure what is up with Kynna's crazy face!






After swimming at the lake until around 8:30-8:45pm- I decided to run into town and get the kids some dinner. OOOPS! Kind of lost track of time there.

By the time we got back to the farm it was after 9pm and time to get all the girls cleaned up and in pjs. My whole plan was to tire out the girls with swimming- thus eliminating the chance of a LATE night. Good plan, right?!

They opened presents and watched a movie. During which a crazy storm went through. It had some of the most SPECTACULAR lightning I have ever seen! Constant flickering and lightning bolts for a good hour. The cabin has the perfect few for watching storms. One whole wall is windows and the upper floor gives you almost a 360 view. We lost power- but I was prepared with flashlights and lanterns. The power came on and then flickered a few more times. I was glad when it finally passed. I wanted to take some pictures of it or at least try- but I left my camera in the van and was too chicken to run and get it!

The girls finished their movie and then went to lay down in the girls' room. That was about 11pm or so - so I thought I was going to luck out and everyone was going to bed. HAHAHA!

They were up until after 4am - laughing giggling and talking. I'm really getting too old for this!
And as if that wasn't bad enough - one of the girls decided to get up at 7:00am! I seriously can not function on 3 hours sleep! The rest of the girls slept until about 8:30 - but then we had to eat breakfast, clean up and pack up.

I think the girls had fun- and they did pretty well! But I think next year we'll just go somewhere and pay for a bday package! I'm not sure how many more slumber parties I have in me! :)

No comments: