Monday, October 06, 2008

How's that spelled?!

Pucca is constantly babbling about all the typical kindergarten stuff!

But the one that's taking the most toll is..."and how do you spell that?"

Don't get me wrong- I love the fact she's learning and enjoying it so much she wants to do it ALL the time. And it doesn't surprise me- she was sooooo ready for school! We've been doing flashcards and workbooks for years now...so this is a good thing!

But this weekend...all weekend...all of her 30 waking hours this weekend - were filled with
"and how do you spell that?"


For example:

John and I were talking about a grill - she cuts in "how do you spell that?"

"Spell what?"

"grill"

"g-r-i-l-l"

And she very carefully writes it down in her notebook. This went on - I'm not kidding you - all weekend long! Now I know how I sound right now...how could I find fault with a child's yearning to grow and learn!? What kind of parent am I?

So let me clarify...I'm not finding fault with it and I'm not really complaining - we'll just call it 'explaining' for the benefit of the grandparents who are luckily 88 miles away! ;)

One funny thing though- when John and I couldn't take the spelling anymore, she moved on to her sisters. They were sitting on the couch playing their DSs and Pucca was hounding them for words. Finally Kwynn says "Please quit being so annoying" (always so polite)

Pucca replies "how do you spell that?"

K:"What?"

P:"Annoying"

McKynna answers "p-u-c-c-a"

Pucca carefully write down every letter and then realizes what she wrote.... her face was so funny - all scrunched with her little furrowed brow and wrinkled nose. The whole time the girls were smiling - knowing their little sister was going to take the bait. She's such an easy target!

In the end- we are super proud of pucca's want and willingness to learn and be taught! To her we say - Keep it up! who knows-maybe one day she'll help cure cancer!

1 comment:

Hollie said...

What a cute story. I see spelling B's in her future:)