Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Up and Down



Today was a superb day! We went down to Glenwood Springs, took a gondola ride to the caverns and went through the caves. It was super cool! Very historical and educational- the girls had a good time...although I could have done with out the 171 stairs (that took you into the coolest part of the cave...and of course 171 back up to get out).



I took a bunch of great pix (of the cave textures and formations) that I hope to frame and put up at home. The girls had fun picking out mineral rocks...we're going to make copper wire pendants out of them when we get home. They should make some super neat necklaces.


On the way back up to Avon we stopped by the Colorado River and let the girls throw rocks in and play. It was fun...though I not sure how they collected so many rocks, leaves and drift wood in such a short time? I think we may make a piece of art out of the drift wood- its pretty cool!

No comments: