Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Sweetest thing

Have you ever had just one of those days- where all the little annoyances, griping, complaining, bickering - just about send you over the edge? And its not one big thing that's caused the stress level to go up- its the culmination of 18 hours of trying to play catch up, be a good mom/wife, and take care of the house.

Anyway- yesterday was one of those days....So after cleaning up the kitchen and starting the dishwasher...I headed off to bed. As I laid there replaying the day and mentally checking off my to-do list...John slid his hand in mine, gave it squeeze and held it for awhile. He didn't say anything- he just held my hand. A sign that he knew my day was not the greatest and he knew I was stressed. A sign that he loved me and appreciated all that I do. All of those sentiments were expressed without words- instead, by a simple sweet gesture.

Love you, babe!

No comments: