Sunday, October 12, 2008

Scarves....so not a man thing!

We went back to GI town today to visit my brother and his family (visiting from Utah), my grandparents, great-grandma, my mom and my little brother and his girlfriend came up from Kansas - we took some family pictures since everyone was together...and we're not sure when that will happen again. Plus my brother and his wife are expecting baby #5 so our family will be plus one the next time we all congregate.


ANYWAY - I digress...Today I wore my favorite scarf. As I'm running out of the house to leave this morning Just John says "Are you cold?"

I say - "Huh?"

He says "Its 70 degrees with like 90% humidity and your wearing a scarf?"

I say - "Its not that kind of scarf - its a fashion accessory...like a necklace -its ok!"


So we drive to GI town...we meet up with my little brother and his girlfriend for lunch and he says "So sis, what's up with the scarf? You sick or something?"

I reply (complete with exaggerated eye-roll): "Its in fashion - its trendy to wear it this way! seeing as I wasn't getting through to him, I add "Its just a girl thing"


We then meet up with the rest of my family and my mom comes over and says "Hey, your scarf..."

I immediately cut her off and go into this justificational rant on how its in style to wear scarves and why is it on the rare occasion that I dress like an actual adult - I'm getting criticized.

She looks at me in bewilderment and says- "Just wanted to know where you got it dear."

ummm - ya.

So I've come to learn that men just don't get scarves... And for the record- scarves are cool...trendy...stylish...pretty and I really like them, in fact I might need a few more for our vacation to snow-y CO...

1 comment:

wendysue said...

Just tell them "welcome to the year 2008!!" Or open ANY magazine!