Monday, April 19, 2010

Green thumb...er...paw!





I like to think I've inherited my grandmother's green thumb- or at least her love for all things green and leafy. Our new home is filled with beautiful landscaping and blooming trees...and despite all that professional beauty- I caught myself ordering over 400 bulbs and plantings for the beds. What the heck!? I think I am a compulsive plant shopper! Is there such a thing? Do you think they have anonymous meetings and clubs for people like me? hmmmm...

Anyway- I've planted over 200 and still have a few to go with this first shipment. The second shipment won't come until fall- because of the fall bulbs and stuff.

I've also started work on the vegetable gardens. The lettuce and onions are in, as well as the sweet corn. In another week or so, we'll put in the carrots, green onion. green beans, cantaloupe, watermelon, cucumbers, radishes, tomatoes and peppers. The girls and I also planted 40 super huge 12 foot sunflower plants...they will be fun to watch as they grow. I just LOVE sunflowers!!!!

And to top off all that planting and landscaping- we have 1.75 acres to mow. FUN FUN! Seriously. John and I fight over who gets to mow...so far John has won out. But its still early in the season! And in the future when we tire...well that's what kids are for, dad gummit! (oh no...my hillbilly heritage it sneaking out! )

Speaking of kids- I hope they too have inherited a green thumb. We already know Emma has! :)





1 comment:

Kindergarten Team said...

That is hysterical!! I love Emma's green paws...you can totally tell she loves to play and run outside! We actually just got done transplanting about 10 hostas from our neighbors and now am debating what kind of ground cover to get for the back.