Tuesday, May 31, 2011

family fun

We spent the holiday weekend out at Camp Davey...our family cabin just outside of town. John's parents and his brother and his family were there as well. It was a lovely weekend filled with rain, fence pulling (for the guys), yard work (for the ladies), fishing, lake time, relaxation and good food and company.

We attempted roasting marshmallows with the children one evening, trying to squeeze it in quickly between two developing storm fronts. And while doing so - I tried out a night time shutter setting on the camera. I managed to get great shots of all the kids...except of the little man. Well, let me just show you what I'm talking about...


For example, in one shot there was...

a flaming marshmallow...

and then a roasting skewer...

and then an arm.

Owell- good thing its only the start of summer vacation! I'm sure by the end we'll get a shot of the little guy covered in the ooey gooey goodness of melted mallow!


No comments: