Tuesday, May 28, 2013

our front porch

My little pet project is our courtyard. And I've been wanting and wanting to update and fix the front porch FOREVER!

Our door was maroon and the railings and post were grey. IF you look behind this adorable little stinker, you can kind of see what I'm talking about.

All of that with the brass just screamed 1980s. And it was dark in desperate need of brightening up!

So we put in a new railing (the old one had rotted out) and stained it a bright white. We also painted the posts white to match. And finally the door...I wanted a summery buttery yellow. But settled for white. And its 100 times better! I need to figure out how to paint the metal sheeting that is wrapped along the side panels. The two panels would look much better if they were white too. Any thoughts on that? Eventually we will get a new front door...but money doesn't grow on trees! :)

So for now here is our front porch! I finally feel like its coming together!





No comments: