Friday, May 03, 2013

Some days

In an effort to be more healthy, both mind and body...I've decided to change the way I act about some things. My goals...which will end up being a lifelong effort are:


  • Do not judge. Don't judge people, our children, their actions or choices. With friends and family- its their life and their lessons. Let them learn. With our kids- be more of a leader and supporter. Even kids need to learn lessons. I also think part of not judging is accepting. People are the way they are. We are individuals with differences. Be accepting of people the way they are. You can't change them. 
  • Letting it go.  Emotional baggage is a drag! Just let it go. Is it going to matter in a week? A month? A year? So things didn't go as planned or someone let you down. Learn, grow and continue on. The hard part of this one is letting go of what other people think...or what I think they think. 
  • Being positive. Find things everyday to be thankful for and count your blessings. We truly are a blessed people even in the negative and scary time. Never forget to acknowledge the little things. Miracles happen everyday. 
  • Be kind. Be kind to friends, family and strangers. Being kind does not mean allowing yourself to be taken advantage of or walked on, but smile, hold a door, wave, let someone in the car pool lane...everyday is filled with a multitude of opportunities to be kind. One little gesture on your part can mean the world to the other person. Be kind to your family. Tell your kids and spouse that you love them, that you are thankful for them. Use please and thank you, a kind tone when speaking and be openly appreciative. You never know when it will be your time to leave- and I know I don't want any regrets or to leave my family questioning my love for them. 

But somedays its soooooooo hard! I mean for the most part I already do these things. But there are some people in my life that could drive me crazy...if I let them. 

Its days like those, where laughter is the best medicine. Here are some funny photos the girls and I took for just an occasion. Hope they make you smile too! 




No comments: