Thursday, July 10, 2014

PAINT!!!!

Our house is getting painted and I'm so excited I almost can't stand it! I'm soooooooooo freaking happy! I've wanted to do this since we moved in back in 2009. We contracted a painter this past April and I've been patiently waiting since then for them to start! And after a day of spraying it down with power washer, a day of taping, a day of priming....we are finally onto PAINT!!! They are doing the trim today and hopefully the body (siding) tomorrow. YAY!!!


I will post a before and after so you can see why I am so EXCITED! It's being painted for function as well as aesthetics. We have steel siding that is still in really good shape, but after 20 years the paint had started to chip off all over the house. Mostly on the front which killed our curb appeal! And exposed the siding to elements which would eventually bring rust.

We explored our options (none of which were cheap) and chose to have the house sprayed with a ceramic coating that is warrantied to last 25 years. I was able to have it tinted to colors of my choosing and they are spraying the whole house (garage doors, gutters etc).


Did I go classic blue with bright white trim? 

Did I chose mint green as a throw back to my childhood home?

Did I chose a neutral tan khaki color?

Can't wait to show off the finished project! 

No comments: