Wednesday, July 30, 2014

So cool!

While the Corynn and I were in GI town last weekend, John and the twins hung out at home. He took them out on Saturday and brought cold bottled water and trail mix to homeless people. They went to the city mission, tent city and a few other popular spots for the homeless. I am so proud of them. They did it because it was hot and they thought the less fortunate my appreciate a cool drink. They did it just because it was the right thing to do. It was such a lovely experience and memories that the girls will always have. A life lesson and interactions that will serve them well. Another lesson in giving back and helping our fellow man. One of my life philosophies is to be generous of yourself, your time, your talents and your position. I'm so thankful that John reinforces and shares those beliefs. We want our children to always give back and share. to help where they can and to know that no act of kindness is too small. A smile, holding the door for someone, a kind sentiment or a bottle of water.



They are pretty amazing in my book! 

No comments: