Monday, October 01, 2007

chugga chugga choo choo!


The girls, John and I are taking our first REAL family vacation EVER! we are going to Vail,CO during fall break. A co-worker of John's had mentioned that one of his friends takes a train to Colorado- and that it might be something to think about. I figured it would be way too expensive for all of us - BUT it wasn't! Its very reasonable and the kids are super super excited!

The trip is still three weeks away- and we are all going crazy with anticipation! McKynna came up to me last night with her carry on bag already packed! She wanted me to check it for her and make sure everything was ok to take! Too funny! And Corynn thought she was packed and ready to go when she put all her princess dresses (10 of them) in her suitcase this morning and said she was ready- I had negotiate with her to get it down to only two princess dresses!

Needless to say- we are excited and can't wait!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds amazing! be sure to take lots of pictures and share your stories- I am sure you will have a few funny ones!

Hollie said...

I rode the train from Denver to Lincoln. It was quite the experience. There is one cart where it's just a sitting area and it's all windows. You can see everything. It was night when I rode in it, but there was a lightening storm. It was pretty cool. It was a lot of fun too. Be prepared for a lot of rocking back and forth.