Saturday, October 20, 2007

Very first train ride

It has been a very long day! We headed to the train station about 11:30- our train was running an hour late- so instead of it coming in at 12:30- it was expected in at 1:30 AM. So to waste time and keep the kids occupied- I let them run around the depot and haymarket...at midnight...on a Friday night- what was I thinking!? Oh- that's right, I was running on no sleep and wasn't thinking!



Finally- we came in and the twins passed out on the floor.



But not Corynn- she was wide awake...until about 15 minutes before the train arrives and she crashes....completely out cold.


Finally the train arrives and we get settled in for the long long trip...





The night was long and I mean LONG. John and I got very little sleep if any. But it was worth it when I saw this.


10 hours later we arrive in Glenwood Springs- and it was 58 degrees...absolutely beautiful out! That quickly changed- it is now snowing. We are expecting 18 inches in the next 12 hours. LOVELY! I am so glad the car rental place didn't have our car ready when we got there - so they gave us a free upgrade to a Chrysler Aspen (4wd)- PERFECT!

Needless to say we were all tired and in desperate need of a nice warm shower and soft cozy bed. We were all in bed before 7:30pm.

Who knows what tomorrow will bring! Corynn is hoping a snowball fight! I am sure I will have pix!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you are having lots of fun!