Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Friendship

The twins and I argue alot...Not big fights, but we just have alot of conflict. I am not surprised though- according to the Chinese Astrological Chart, we are complete opposites and should avoid eachother if at all possible. They are Tigers and I am a monkey. The attributes completely fit our personalities and the caution to 'avoid' eachother is starting to totally make sense. I am dreading the teenage years! ;)


Anyway- at the beginning of this last summer, the girls and I gave eachother matching friendship bracelets. In hopes that it would help with bickering- since we were spending all day everyday together.

You may have seen me wearing these. McKynna has the matching blue one and Kwynn has the matching pink one.

We were looking at these this morning and McKynna mentioned how it meant alot to her that I was still wearing the bracelets. Because its not normal mom jewelry. I just reminded her that you are supposed to wear them until they fall off- if you do then your friendship will last forever. At least that's what I was told by my friend when I was younger.

So we continue to wear our friendship bracelets in hopes that it will remind us that we truly love eachother and to stop bickering.

The true test is today.... a snow day...stuck inside together...for hours and hours...
Let's pray the power doesn't go out! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's such a cute idea! Maybe when Ella gets older!

Audra said...

yea! We survived yesterdays snow day! Thank goodness school was back on today!

wendysue said...

I love that you guys made bracelets for each other! And I love your new photo of the girls. Super cute!

Anonymous said...

That is very sweet!