Monday, November 11, 2013

Thankful series part 1

I decided over the weekend to make my Thankful post from Friday into a week long series. I wanted to elaborate and share a few stories. That and the post from Friday doesn't really do anyone justice.

So for Part 1 of this series...

I am thankful for my brothers; Jared Lee and Trevor Howard

My brothers walked me down the aisle when I married John. Well kind of ... there really wasn't an aisle because we were married outside, but they led me to John and gave me away. Our parents divorced when we were really young. We don't really remember our parents being together. It was always just us and mom. But more importantly it was just us. Mom worked long hours to support three kids by herself.

We've had our ups and downs. Good times and bad. And we fought...alot. But we always had each other's backs. Always.




I remember when John asked Jared if it would be ok to date me (John was friends with my older brother for a few years before he met me) and Jared said yes as long John was good to me.

We didn't have an easy childhood. Divorce, abuse, poverty- it was all there. But never once would you hear us say we had a horrible childhood. Our mom did the best she could with what she had. She loved us. And that was enough. That and having someone there with you. I was lucky enough to have two someones.










 I am so thankful for Jared and Trevor. So thankful they are on this journey with me. We will forever be bonded together. And even as adults we have our ups and downs. Good times and bad. And ya...we still fight. But just like when we were younger...if not more so now...we have each other's backs. Forever and always.






No comments: