Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Favorite New Drink!!!

I'm always worrying our kids aren't getting enough vitamins, minerals and essential nutrients from their normal eating habits, partly because they are such picky eaters! We went through an 18 month period with the twins where the only thing they would eat was 'chicken and fries' and angel hair pasta. Corynn is currently in a soup period, especially hot and sour soup from the chinese place down the street (hey-at less than a dollar-its a cheap lunch!). Soup isn't that bad- but she only drinks the broth, not the veggies or noodles.

For the past few years, I have had the kids on a children's multivitamin. Ever since Kwynn fell and broke her arm. It was just a freak accident-but as a parent you always want to blame yourself. McKynna and Kwynn are finally outgrowing their pickiness and trying new foods and eating a few more veggies. I make stir fry once a week - its the twins' favorite and they eat every part of it. But I have found a new secret weapon!!
V8 Vfusion! I love this stuff! Its fruit/vegetable juice- and contains one serving of your daily fruits and one serving of your daily vegetables. But all you can taste is the fruit part. The girls LOVE it! They have a glass for breakfast everyday- and the peach/mango one makes awesome smoothies! My only regret is they don't make smaller versions that could be included in lunches. That would be nice!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you mean about whether or not they are getting what they need to be completely healthy! I'll have to have Cayden try it, that's the true test!

wendysue said...

I've totally been wanting to try those but I think the V8 part scared me a little, all I can think of is my Dad drinking the original stuff. . . now I'll have to try it out!