Thursday, January 24, 2008

Two thumbs up!

I have to say, I am pretty happy with LPS. Actually Holmes Elementary to be more specific.

McKynna and Kwynn went on two field trips this month. One for art class- to the Sheldon Art Museum and then yesterday they went to Pershing to watch a concert by the Lincoln Symphony. And this was for music class. They have also gone to Morrill Hall, toured the capital, met the governor and his wife after going to the Governor's Mansion and a trip to the Nature Center.

On the way home from school, I asked the girls how their field trip went. They both said it was fine with not much enthusiasm. So I asked a few more probing questions:


me: You don't sound too thrilled about going.

McKynna: It was neat. We were able to see all the instruments and talk to the musicians.

Kwynn: But they played 'old' music.

me: 'OLD' music? (knowing exactly what they meant, but wanted them to explain)

McKynna: Ya, like old people music. Like 'The Marriage of Fergio". We all thought that was the lady off of Black Eyed Peas, but it didn't sound anything like her music.

Kwynn: Unless they made it sound like 'old' music! They can do that you know.

The conversation went on for awhile- but it was fun to hear their excitement eventhough the symphony wasn't what they expected.


I was a bit worried about moving to Lincoln. We moved the year before kindergarten. John and I come from a town of 40,000 and the schools there weren't that great. So we didn't know what to expect in a city the size of Lincoln. But the girls love Holmes and we are very pleased as well!

McKynna and Kwynn are growing into such awesome young people...and I know we can attribute some of that to the wonderful education they are receiving, Corynn is going to Zeman next year- I hope our experience there is just as wonderful!

No comments: