Thursday, January 17, 2008

Officially 28...

So yesterday I turned the big 2-8! Just kidding! I still consider myself young. So do the girls. They told us they have the youngest parents in their school classes. We're hoping that will help us stay 'cool' parents longer!

This is a big anniversary year for me. My ten year reunion at GISH. Ten years ago I was pregnant with twins, finishing high school, scared and uncertain of the future. And ten years ago this September- John and I got married.

Its crazy to think all that's happened in ten years. How much we've grown, individually, as a family and as a couple. John and I were talking about the next ten years and all that will happen.

Here's what we have to look forward to:

  • Corynn getting baptized
  • The twins turning 16 and driving
  • First school dances
  • Dating...ughhhhhhh!
  • Highschool drama
  • BOYS (again!)
  • teenage girl drama (all the emotional chaos that doesn't involve boys)

And when I turn 38, this is what will be:

  • The twins will be in college (20 years old- which then brings about the possibility of marriage and kids...which would make us grandparents-SCARY!) Although we have told the twins that if they wait until they finish college to get married- then we'll pay for the wedding. So hopefully that helps hold off the whole grandkid scenario!
  • Corynn will be 15 (almost driving, dating, boys, highschool drama etc.)
  • And if we have another child, he/she will be 10.
Ten years...what craziness!

6 comments:

Hollie said...

Wow, that is crazy to think. In ten years I'm going to be 42 and Mckenzie, my oldest, is going to be 12. I'll be one of the old parents...hahaha

You sure have accomplished a lot in ten years, you should be very proud.

Anonymous said...

Speaking of reunions- are you going to ours? I'm really curious to what's up with people. Happy Birthday - again!

wendysue said...

Hey happy birthday! I can't even start thinking about the next 10 years. . .the last 10 have flown by!!

I loved the ("all the emotional chaos that doesn't involve boys"). . .what part DOESN'T involve boys??

Megan said...

Happy Birthday! (and you'd better be going to your reunion - I have to call all of these "lost" people and figure out where they are, so somebody'd better show up!)

I hope my kids will think I'm a cool young mom too - but yeah, it's wierd to think I could have grandkids in my 40's!

Audra said...

I don't know what all I'll make it for- as far as the reunion goes. John and I are taking an Alaskan cruise which leaves on the 20th and we were hoping to fly in the 19th and sight-see Seattle before leaving on the boat. We scheduled it the week before I found about the reunion- so we'll see how it works out.

We may be in town that Friday if we have to drop the girls off- I am sure we can work something out!

Megan said...

Are you serious? You would skip the reunion for an Alaskan cruise? You know it's going to be friggin awesome! :)

Hahahaha - wondering what my non-drinking self will be doing at the reunion anyway, but somehow I got myself involved in this.

Have fun in Alaska! I went up there once upon a time when Josh & I were dating. He had worked in Skagway and had friends working up there, so we went to visit. Anyways, it was beautiful! We took a helicopter up to the glaciers.