Tuesday, March 04, 2008

And the answer is...

Corynn had a playdate today with a friend from church. The little girl's mom is pregnant. While driving in the van, Corynn asks me: "How do you get pregnant?"

me: "What!?"

Corynn: "You know pregnant. Where your tummy is fat because theres a baby inside. So how do you get pregnant?"

hmmmmm- I could have explained any of the following:

Where do babies come from? heaven

How do you make babies? With love

How does the baby get inside your tummy? Heavenly Father puts it there

How does the baby get out of your tummy? Through the belly button


but the actual act of getting pregnant...hmmmmmmm! Any one want to take this one?

I told her to ask her dad tonight- he'd know! :)

4 comments:

wendysue said...

Yikes, let me know what you come up with!!

Anonymous said...

You could tell her that God chooses a woman to have a baby when its time for a baby to leave heaven and be with a family here.

God is always the answer- or so my grandma says.

good luck- to your husband that is!:D

Megan said...

Glad I'm not you!

Anna has watched numerous episodes of "A Baby Story" so she knows babies are pushed out...not sure if that's good or not!

Audra said...

She hasn't mentioned the question again- so hopefully we've dodged the bullet this time