Friday, July 17, 2009

Roses are red...


Why is that fresh cut flowers always seem to make your house more cozy and happy?

I was running errands yesterday and picked up two dozen roses. Some are on the coffee table, some in the guest bathroom and some on my bedside table. They just add something to your home- I can't quite explain it!

I encourage you all to treat yourself! HyVee is having a rose sale...50 cents a stem...and there is a huge variety of colors! Otherwise- hit the farmers market! Sunflowers, zinnias, lilies- oh MY! Pucca spotted some pretty pink, orange and white zinnias at the farmers market last week and they are now adding sweetness and color to her newly arranged bedroom. Almost a week later and they are still beautifully formed!

I always thought those designers on tv were full of crap when they would tell the homeowners NOT to have fake plants or flowers- always use REAL. I totally agree now! Its not a constant thing around here- but when I spot pretty blooms at a reasonable price- I can't help myself!

1 comment:

Kindergarten Team said...

gotta agree with you on that one! fresh flowers are always a nice touch!