Friday, January 01, 2010

Resolute

hmmmm- well since I kept/accomplished exactly - COUGH- none of my resolutions from last year...I resolve to resolute nothing. Come what may this year...I'm determined to make it the best it can be!

Speaking of the best...my new car! woohooo! Sadly Ms. Bessie Vanne was totaled out and sent to salvage. sob. Time for a new Bessie.

This one is black...so I called her The Black Bessie (add dramatic inflection and make sure to use 'THE').

I drove The Black Bessie home from the dealership savoring that intoxicating new car smell, staying 20 feet behind all vehicles and gripping the steering wheel with white knuckles whenever a car was attempting to pass me. Finally, I pull into the drive way- we were home. The Black Bessie and I.

The girls come running out to meet their new taxi shuttle, climbing in, claiming seat positions and checking out compartments.

"Do you wanna go for a spin?" I ask.

"Heck ya!" was the replied in unison.

As we're pulling out of the driveway, Pucca asks "So what's her name?"

"The Black Bessie" I inform her.

"Oh, well, I don't think that's right. You shouldn't say black!" (obviously confusing black as in race with the color black...or at least that's what I thought)

"What should I call her then?" I asked Pucca- thinking I knew exactly what her reply was going to be.

"Goth Bessie" she says all matter of fact.

Well ok.

Our new car is Goth B...but we lovingly call her Bessie.

No comments: