Thursday, July 12, 2007


Camp Davey!


Our family acreage is lovingly called "the farm" or "Camp Davey." It is located near Davey- just north of Lincoln, and all three families usually commune there together. No matter the name- its our little hide away! I love it- the house is beautiful and rustic- but the landscape, scenic views and never ending list of things to do - is also very enticing. I also love the fact that the closest neighbor is two wind breaks and a half mile down the road. And since I have a "bubble" - it makes all the more dear to my heart.

I also love the fact that I can let the girls play outside - unsupervised- and not worry about cars hitting them or strangers taking them. There are tons of hills, meadows and ravines in the pasture to explore- and they LOVE it! They have 'clubs' and 'forts' sprinkled throughout the pasture and hiking to them is half the excitement!

Here are a few pictures from our last few weeks at Davey- which illustrate why we love it so much!


This is a view of the house from out in the pasture.





This is the view from the house...we had a rain storm the first week we were there...rainbows!...it was so beautiful...something you can' t really see in the city.





I seriously hope that someday we build out there. It is truly a different way a living! I don't think I would be able to handle it with little kids though- they require a lot of running around and we went through almost two tanks of gas a week with all the driving. But say in about ten years- when the twins are graduated and Corynn is getting her learners permit- then definitely - I am so there!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So when are you going to invite us out? ha ha! It really is looks beautiful from the photos.