Thursday, May 01, 2008

Happy May Day ...


This is the first year the girls and I have ever done May Day baskets. We made them just this last weekend, which was an afternoon of fun!
(NOTE: these are not what our baskets look like- just a pic off of google)

After school today - we'll be running around to all the houses and the girls will be in stealth mode. Corynn is super excited about this! Every morning for the last week she has asked "Is today the day I get to sneak up to people's houses and run away really fast?" She's even been practicing in the back yard. Knocking on the patio door and then trying to sneak off so I can't find her. Its really cute!

The twins are more excited about giving their friends something they made! They even made baskets for the 4th grade teachers...not sure how they are going to pull that one off. But they said they had a plan!

My favorite May Day story...

It was the year 2000, the twins were 2 and we lived in GI town. The house we lived in a had a huge picture window and you had to walk past it to get to the front door. The girls would spy on people coming and going- they loved it!

On May Day they had seen 'grandma' (John's mom) pull up to the house. The door bell rang and I came in from the other room to answer the door. As I walked to the door- grandma was leaving and the girls were crushed! The started crying and pointing out the window. I had figured out what was going on- so I quickly grabbed the baskets... thinking that would appease them. NOPE- they just wanted grandma to come back.

It really was sweet- and Nancy always does the coolest things!



Weigh in Wednesday Update:

I was so busy I forgot to post yesterday that I neither gained nor loss...just stayed the same. :(
So boring and disappointing. Only a few more days and the meds are outta here!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy May Day!

Amanda said...

Very cute. I love reading your stories.