Tuesday, November 11, 2008

If only...


The church building I grew up attending is renovating its chapel, including all new pews. They are giving away the old ones next Monday. I wish I had a truck big enough to haul one of those suckers. I wish I had a place in my house to put one of them. I wish I had a place to store one until I found a place to put it or had a house for one to fit in. I wish i wish i wish...

I love old church benches and these are beautiful solid oak- the seat would need to be recovered in some kind of funky eclectic Audra fabric- but it would be really cool...if only

Maybe I'm just sentimental to 'my pew'- the one my family sat in every Sunday. I love how families have their own spots- reserved for them each week. I remember bringing my coloring book and using the bench as a desk to color during sacrament. I remember thinking there wasn't near enough room on that pew, between my brothers and I, to avoid the bickering and teasing. I remember taking the twins to church for the first time in that pew and Pucca too when we go back to visit. If only...

1 comment:

Rachel said...

My parents have an old church pew on their from porch (unupholstered). It's been there forever.