Monday, November 03, 2008

tired randomness

I feel the need to blog- but I'm beat...tired...exhausted...drained...ka-poot!

I LOVE vacations ie spending time with my kids and husband- going shopping, enjoying the little everyday things without worrying about the household must do-s...but the unpacking and cleaning and putting away and getting the house back in order for the week ahead....that part is exhausting!

We were so eager to get home Friday night (got to the homestead around 10:30pm) and didn't get to bed until after 1am. Saturday was spent laundering, and going through the rest of our bags. I was busy most of the day yesterday doing stuff- even while I was watching my DVR-ed shows I was multi-tasking. Then I couldn't get to sleep last night until after mid-night, which typically isn't a big deal except our school day starts around 5:30am...so that made for a short night!

My to-do list for today is long and just looking at it makes me wish I drank coffee double espresso mocca non fat latte pick-me up drink of champions...but I don't (sigh!) guess I'm on my own.

I'm sure by noon- I'll be back in the swing of things! I really think there should be a technical name for this adjustment period after vacations...a version of jet lag...hmmm....what wonder it should be called...

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I totally agree, it is so fun packing and looking forward to the trip, but the coming home is hard! It always seems to take a week or more to catch up on everything.