Monday, November 03, 2008

too funny


On our walk home from school today, Pucca and I took our time and admired all the pretty leaves that have fallen: red, yellow, green, orange, deep purple...

We were a block and half from our house when we came upon the 'perfect' leaf yard! It had leaves in all colors and tons of them to boot! Pucca couldn't decide on one and said "oh- how I wish I could just take them ALL home with me!"

The prettiest ones were along the street on that little strip of lawn between the side walk and street. And for a split second...one tiny moment...I thought of asking the owners (who we barely know beyond a friendly wave every once and awhile) if we could rake and bag up those particular leaves to take home. We kept walking as I contemplated that completely insane thought...of going up to a neighbors house, knocking on the door, asking if we can rake up a small portion of their leaves and take them home...

What would they say? How would they react? Am I seriously this crazy?

They would make such a pretty backdrop for some fall pix with the kids, and I love Hollie's photos of her and her daughter in the leaves...maybe just one bag full...hmmmm

naaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!

1 comment:

Kindergarten Team said...

You know, those are beautiful...I bet they wouldn't even notice. I just got a new Home Made Simple and they had tips on how to preserve leaves! I told Justin that would be interesting and make a collage out of them for a fall decoration! But, finding the time to do that now with him working 12 hours days could be interesting!