Friday, January 02, 2009

New Year

New Year's day was a lazy day at the Kelly house...we didn't leave the house, some of us didn't even get dressed and we hung out together with a cozy fire crackling in the family room. IT was PERFECT!

The girls were perfect little angels and let John and I watch the game in solitude...which was probably good since a few naughty word found their way out of my mouth...at least it all ended well!

We then let the girls make a gingerbread house that some friends brought over. With it being a new year and all- I ignored my OCD and let them have free range over the decorating...I didn't budge in and take over- at all! How's that for resolutions :)

Here's how it went:


Having fun...decorating assigned pieces









Showing off super cool designs








trying to assemble...kind of tricky






Holy crap! Its standing!

(Unfortunately, as soon as this photo was snapped...it fell down...AGAIN)



Time for a new plan...










the end!

1 comment:

Kindergarten Team said...

I love your second plan...I am pretty sure that Kayin, Justin and I would have done the same thing! We have yet to make ours, but hopefully soon!! We love gingerbread houses!!