Monday, January 19, 2009

One more day...wish me luck!

I was sort of - kind of excited about this little two day break with the kids out of school. Kind of - sort of being the operative words!

I was excited about going to the library, going sledding, watching movies, hot chocolate, baking yummy scrumptious treats and engaging in a little wii 'face-off' with the kiddos.

Well, only 24 hours left in the break and none of the above has happened. Instead, I feel as though the days have whirled by in a haze, nothing notable has happened, tons of errands which means lots of time spent in the car, I feel like I've yelled at my kids more in the last three days than in the last three years (the amount of bickering and sassiness that I've dealt with is going to kill me- I just know it!) and I've yet to bake anything yummy! What the frick, man!?

Total..complete and utter disappointment. I know what your thinking- "You still have tomorrow!"

HA HA- actually Kwynnie is working on her science project tomorrow. Which in itself isn't so bad except something went wonky and now one of Kwynnie's science partners will be with us all day! In fact she's being dropped off at 7:30AM...what!?

I will still need to clean up my house (just the usual sweeping, vacuuming, dishes, laundry and swiffering- complete with wet jet...oh ya!), run to the store, take kids to piano lessons, work on AD lesson, run to library (at least take books back), make dinner and shower...ya definitely want to fit that in somewhere!

So my lovely Jane Austin movie will have to be put on hold for another day. My ooey-gooey oatmeal choc chip cookies will have to wait until hours are freed up. Our gloriously fun sledding adventure will have to be rescheduled until we are blessed with some powdery white goodness.

Such a bummer! Owell- the pangs of motherhood haunt us all!

No comments: