Friday, January 23, 2009

TGIF

This week was a short week with the kids off Monday and Tuesday...but dang!... it feels like it just keeps draggin on and on and on and on! ughhhhhh!

Anyway- enough of that! I thought I would leave you this week with a funny little conversation John and I had with the twins.

We were all sitting in the family room watching the evening news and talking about the days events (we're not really that impressive- I think we were all just waiting for dinner to get done!)

As we're sitting there talking - I asked about Valentines this year...not knowing if taking Valentine's to school in 5th grade was still cool or considered baby-ish. I tell ya- I just never know anymore!

They asked what kind of valentine's I was thinking of doing this year (we always pick something from this super GREAT magazine my mother-in-law gave a me a subscription to, FAMILY FUN! Love that magazine!) So I threw out my ideas and they decided that taking something to school for the upcoming heart holiday would be "acceptable" (that was her exact word...? silly kid)

ahhhh- I digress...

So we're sitting there talking about Valentines Day and they begin to tell us what happened last year. Kwynnie tells us that a group of girls went hunting for boys. "Hunting for boys?" I ask as John and I smile at eachother.

"I didn't go...I went and played soccer!" Kynna quickly added. I was more than a little curious at this point so I asked "What is 'hunting for boys'?" So Kynna explained "Well, a group of girls set out to find valentines for everyone. And they were chasing down the boys to tell them who they were valentines with."

John and I look at Kwynnie- "So, were you part of 'the hunt'?" She replied with a nonchalant "nahhhhhhhhh" then a little smile came across her face as she looked at Kynna, and then she confidently stated "I led it!"

Oh my! :) I am seriously wondering if we are going to survive the next 8 years!

No comments: