Wednesday, February 18, 2009

No candy allowed

The girls have taken us up on a candy challenge we posed to them. Here's the challenge:

  • No candy for a whole year (challenge ends 12/31/09 at 11:59pm)
  • You can pick 3 'free' days to eat candy throughout the year...holidays such as Easter, Halloween, or if maybe you can't take it one minute longer- the chocolate bar is just calling you name....those kinds of days.
  • This includes chocolate bars, gummy candy, hard candy, M&Ms etc
  • This doesn't include sugar-free gum...which has pretty much been the girls' saving grace!
Each girl that completes this challenge gets $100 on 1/1/10.

All three girls chose Valentines as one of there days (Pucca chose Saturday and the twins chose yesterday). They didn't eat as much candy as I had thought they would.

They each have a candy box to store candy in until their next free day...and they have all been really good about it! So far so good!

I was a little skeptical about Pucca doing it- that child lives on sugary sweetness, but she's doing awesome! It helped when we explained how many princess books and webkinz $100 can buy ya! :)

I stole this idea from a friend's blog...I thought is was genius! What a great way to jump start healthier living for the whole family!

1 comment:

Christy said...

I might stop eating candy for $100. I wonder if I can find someone that will pay me to do it?