Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Valentine's Day ideas...

Its not too late!!! Here are a few cute ideas I found/heard of:

For schoolaged kids giving Valentines to friends:
On Designmom, she had her son cut up a mad lib book so all the sheets were individual. Then rolled them up with a cute piece of scrap book paper, some string and a tag that had various sayings like "I'm mad about you!" "I can't lib without you!" you can see them here.

For husbands to wives:
I saw this on someone's blog but I can't remember who or where...but it was so funny I had to post it! A man bought his wife a entire new set of gourmet pots and pans. The note attached said "If it weren't for you- I wouldn't have a pot to piss in!" How romantic!? oh brother.....

For grandparents giving to grandchildren:
Both sets of the girls grandparents did well this year! The twins received journals complete with locks and invisible ink. I always think journals/diaries are a great gift- especially to pre-teen girls!
My mom sent the girls a 'Valentine Party in a Box'. The package arrived a few days ago and inside was everything we needed to have a little family Valentine's party ie cups, plates, cookies from Eileens (YUM), party favors, valentine shaped playing cards, pencils, balloons and a little Valentine making kit. It was pretty cute! Although, there was NO WAY those cookies were going to last until Saturday!





For kids giving to teachers:




The girls gave these to their female teachers...the hand lotion a small bottle from Bath and Bodyworks- smells super good!





And they gave these to the male teachers...we've done this one before with microwave popcorn and card stock popcorn cover. The idea is from that awesome magazine my mother-in-law gave me a sub to! So ours is slightly modified but the original idea was here.

No comments: