Friday, February 15, 2013

Valentine's Day

I love Valentine's Day! Not for the chocolate or the flowers or the gifts but because its a great day to go above and beyond for those you care about especially those you love! Like a day overflowing with kindness and love.

I was also in charge of organizing the Valentine's Day parties for all three fourth grade classes. The requirements for the party are: 66 kids, 30 minutes long, 4-5 parent volunteers per room, 2-3 activities (including a game with prizes and a craft/project they can take home)...all for $30 or less. A cookie and juice will be provided by the PTA.

Crazy little challenge, huh!?

You'll happy to note I did it...ending in a grand total of $24. Pretty sweet! The kids made cootie catchers, played a candy relay that involved mittens and hershey kisses and filled out mad libs aka mad lips. Prizes were valentine sticker books from Walgreens, bought them this week on sale for 20 cents a piece. SCORE!

I didn't hear any complaints from the class I was helping so I think all went pretty well! And Corynn gave it 2 thumbs up!

I also made a special breakfast dinner for the family, complete with heart shaped pancakes and bacon. Well, actually I tried to make heart shaped bacon and it didn't quite turn out. Another pinterest fail. They wrinkled up in the oven and made shriveled hearts. Kynna was sweet and said "Hey, my hearts usually look like this!"


Heart pressed french toast, drinks garnished with maraschino cherries






A giant kiss for my lovelies and a little gift in the heart shaped box


 Giant strawberries for dessert




I heart Valentine's Day! 





No comments: