Wednesday, August 29, 2007

All the colors of the rainbow...


As you all know... I am a tad impatient. I am ready for a change - I have changed my eating habits, started going on walks (planning to do it very morning this fall) and cutting down on tv time.

All of things are great and will do wonders for me- I have no doubt. But I needed something immediate to commemorate this period of change. So I decided to color my hair.

I started on Saturday morning and I was hoping for medium brown. It ended up a BRIGHT auburn color. And I mean bright- Carrot Top would have been envious!

So Saturday afternoon- I tried an ash brown. I had read that ash mutes any underlying golden tones in your hair. Well- it ended up black. Not dark brown- but black with a maroon tint. Corynn called it dark purple.

So then Sunday morning I tried a dark blond color... thinking it would lighten it up. I didn't leave it on the entire 25 minutes- I was afraid what would happen if I did. As we were waiting - John and the girls were taking bets on what color it would be this time. Kind of funny! John was betting on bald- coloring your hair with cheap over the counter hair dye can't be that great for your locks! Sad thing is- is that at this point I would have been happy with bald!

When I washed it out... it was a little lighter and the purple hue was gone. It was more golden but still too dark for me.

One more time! On Monday night, I used a highlighting kit and streaked my hair. Once again, didn't leave it on the whole time. Turned out pretty good- definitely added some color!

Then last night I gave myself a little trim.

After all that- its still not the color I want, but its one both John and I can live with... until I get bored again...hmmmmmm.

it looks really dark in the pix... but its not. Hard to get good pix with the mac camera.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are way too brave for me!

Anonymous said...

Your hair looks great to me! You were always the adventurous and daring one!

Deb said...

I love it! You mean to tell me you did that hair cut? How do you do it? It looks amazing... I love all the layers.

wendysue said...

Cute! I like the cut too!

Audra said...

Deb- you can't scare easily and quit- you have to just keep on cutting. And then when you think you are done- cut some more. Its a fool proof cut- because there are no straight lines!

the best part is you blow it dry and style in like 5 minutes- so easy! Love it!

Audra said...

kris- I have been cutting and coloring my hair since we like 9- this is nothing new! Remember the orange and pink from jr high..... what a sad freshman pic that made! Good thing the year books were in black and white! :o)

Hollie said...

Wow, I like your hair......the cut too! You look good with short hair! I think Kori cuts her own hair too. I couldn't believe it when she told me because it had layers...good layers. You guys are way more talented than I am.

Kori said...

Cute hair! I am impressed! Hollie, you are too funny!