Wednesday, January 16, 2013

33

Well, today is the day I turn 33! Actually not until 10:04 this evening...just saying! To celebrate such an auspicious occasion, I've decided to make a list of 33 things about me that the average person may not know!


  1. I love pizza...favorite pizza I've ever had was in a restaurant in Seattle. They flew in their tomatoes from Italy! Crazy! And margarita pizza on a thin crispy crust is my absolute favorite! Basically just olive oil, sliced tomato, wet mozzarella and fresh cut basil. YUM!
  2. It took me 6 years and three different teachers (on several occasions) to teach me to crochet. 
  3. I love math- favorite subject in college. 
  4. I grew up planning to never have children...thank goodness for happy accidents! 
  5. My husband basically taught me how to drive. 
  6. I was on a swim team pretty much every year from the time I was 7 until I graduated. 
  7. I grew up swimming with Scott Usher who made it to the 2004 summer Olympics. 
  8. My ideal job would be running a trust that made charitable contributions. :)
  9. My favorite cake is cheesecake...more specifically this turtle cheesecake they used to sell at Sam's club in the frozen foods area...sadly they don't anymore. 
  10. My favorite color is green...all shades. 
  11. I prefer neutral shades to bright and vibrant. 
  12. I helped my mom run the house and raise my brothers growing up. 
  13. I love to read...mostly historical fiction. Seems a simpler time. 
  14. Believe in psychics. Went to one this summer who said she saw my great grandma with two little babies while we were there. The two babies were connected to me...my two 10 week miscarriages.
  15. I adore my children and think they are brilliant (k- you might have known that one!)
  16. I like making things pretty...
  17. Thinking this list is harder to make than I had anticipated. 
  18. Up until a year ago there were 5 generations of women on my mom's side of the family. 
  19. I've slightly developed a type A personality. 
  20. I started the couch to 5k program...wish me luck!
  21. I sometimes think technology complicates things more than helps. 
  22. I don't trust the government...I think it has abused and misinterpreted the foundation that was set. 
  23. I'm easily persuaded by conspiracy theories. 
  24. I'm going to write a book this year. 
  25. I'm thinking about Lasik eye surgery...my eyes are getting terrible. Getting old sucks! :)
  26. I'm a list lover...make lists for everything. Thanks mom! 
  27. I took piano for a few years growing up, but have basically self taught myself the rest. 
  28. I don't really care to fish, but I'm competitive and like to challenge my brother. Also Corynn loves it and I live to make my children happy! 
  29. Scared of swimming in lakes. Hate not being able to seen what's down there in the murky water. 
  30. I had 6 dogs throughout my childhood. 
  31. I grew up in the same house my whole life and then once I was married moved 6 times in 7 years. 
  32. I hated high school. 
  33. Love everything about my life (the whole 33 years). Wouldn't change a thing...challenges and bad situations have made me the person I am today...as are the good and wonderful things that have happened. I don't believe everything happens for a reason. People make choices. Sometimes bad choices that impact you. You can't change that or make sense of it. You can only react, learn and live. Which brings me to one of my favorite quotes. "I'm not forgiving you to forget, but to feel peace." 

1 comment:

canihavethisdance said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you had a great day. It is so fun reading about you and your family...you are so creative!