Thursday, January 17, 2013

birthday wish


John asked me last night what my birthday wish was. I kind of laughed it off and we moved on to conversing about other things. But all night I kept thinking about what my birthday wish would be. Truth be told- I didn't make a wish and I don't think I have since I was a young child. 

So as I was trying to decide what my one wish would be, my mind was flooded with possibilities. Personal wishes, wishes for other people, selfish wishes, wishes for the good of mankind. 

This morning I woke up with a wish. I wish that everyone would be good to each other. A pretty general wish...but imagine how much better the world would be if people were just good. They wouldn't have to be perfect, saints or door matts waiting to be walked on. Just good. I can't believe how low people's standards are for what is acceptable human behavior. I think people are confusing rights with manners. Just because you have the right to say what you want- doesn't mean you should throw respect and manners out the window. 

Manners, respect and courtesy should be learned alongside shapes, colors and numbers. There is no excuse and I find it sad that they are becoming things of the past. 

So if I had one wish...one magical all encompassing wish...it would be that people would be good to each other. 


OR that we would win the Powerball! :)




No comments: