Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Crazy stinkin' van

My van is great for alot of things- but also drives me crazy! Its latest tantrum was last Friday morning. I loaded up the kids for school, went to turn on the ignition - when all of a sudden it just started honking! I thought I had inadvertently hit the panic button on my key chain- so I pushed it again to shut it off- it didn't work. I tried putting the key in and starting it- it didn't work! I tried putting it in gear and backing down the driveway- it didn't work! Then I ran inside and grabbed my spare set of keys thinking the other set's batteries were dead- nope it didn't work!

After all this- I pulled the van the rest of way in the garage, had the kids get out and shut the garage door to try and mute the horn from the neighbors. I quickly call John at work.

After having a good laugh- he tells me to disconnect the battery. Uh- huh!? How the heck do you do that? After receiving some instructions I go into the very loud echoing garage, pop the hood and try to locate the black cord. With the horn blaring, my ears ringing, a headache ensuing and lack of light- I couldn't find the right cord. I was seriously going crazy! It would definitely work as some type of torture- I swear!

So I shut the hood and ran back in the house. I was just about to call a friend of ours who is a mechanic- when it finally just stopped!

UGHHHHHHHHH! crazinesssssssssss!

1 comment:

wendysue said...

You're right, that is crazy. I've never heard of such a thing. (You mean you didn't want to drive them to school with it honking?) I remember once when I was little that our windshield wipers were stuck (moving) and nothing would make them stop. So we just drove around with them going (of course it was bright and sunny!)