Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Everyday Normal!

I decided to color my hair this weekend. So I went into our bathroom, mixed everything and applied it to my hair. While it was drying I decided to check emails and unload the dishwasher. So I'm walking around the house with my plastic hat on.

Kwynn sees me and doesn't say anything. Corynn sees me and doesn't say anything. John sees me and doesn't say anything. McKynna sees me and asks "So what color is going to be this time?"

My smart mouth shoots off "Purple!"

McKynna: "oh, well you probably should have dyed it blonde and put the purple on. It would have been brighter. "

UHHHH- purple haircolor and it didn't even phase her! And she's getting to know way tooo much about coloring hair! I'll have to remember that when she's a teen!

Anyway- I got a little busy and left the color on longer than I wanted. When I finally saw the clock - I ran back to our bathroom and quickly rinsed it out. I was seriously thinking my hair was going to be white. And some of it is darn close! Its a good thing I just highlighted- or it could have been really scary!

The girls were disappointed when they saw me come out of the bathroom. They were all three sitting on my bed waiting to see how mom's hair looked. It was wet and it still looked dark.

As I'm blowdrying- the highlights start to show up. John looked at me, said "Why can't you just have normal hair?" My response- normal hair... what's normal hair? Sounds boring!

3 comments:

Christy said...

Love that story! And seriously, who wants normal hair?

Anonymous said...

didn't you have purple hair once?!

Deb said...

We've gotta see some pictures!!! I just love it that McKynna is so in tune with the process of coloring hair. I've gotta a feeling you're going to have to keep a good eye on her in a couple years. :)